Monday, June 29, 2009

great find

I was coming home today from Lyla's doctor appointment and spotted a few kid toys near the curb of someone's home. In the pile was this slide. I drove by the house but the slide seemed a little roughed up and then I got embarrased about digging through someone's garbage so I drove on past. As I continued driving I kept thinking about the slide and decided to swallow my pride and go check it out a little better to see if it was worth snatching. I pulled up and parked and as I got out of the car I saw the homeowner by the stuff. Talk about embarrasing! But I kept walking towards the toys anyway and asked if he was getting rid of the stuff and he said yes, that he was just coming out to put up a free sign. Thank goodness! After seeing that with a little scrubbing the slide could clean up well, the man helped me carry it to the car. I got it home and used some Soft Scrub and elbow grease and now the slide looks like new. I was so glad I snatched this slide up. It wouldn't have sat by the curb for long. And even better, when I got home I looked to see how much this slide would cost if I would have bought it and it retails for $89.99. How's that for a steal?!?!?

1 comment: