Lyla LOVES her daddy! Kyle was mowing the grass and Lyla's face lit up as soon as she spotted him out the window. Now whenever she hears one of the neighbors mowing their grass she starts saying dada (we have a few neighbors who work from home) thinking Kyle is out there mowing. I have to remind her that he's actually at work.
At Lyla's 15 month check-up her ped. suggested we buy her a little potty to start sitting on, saying she thought Lyla might be early to potty train. So we picked out this fun little potty that plays music when she pees in it. Of course, we haven't actually started potty training her yet. For now she just sits on it and hangs out. One day Kyle thought it would be funny to go get her a book to make her more comfortable. :-)
I'm all about teaching children to be independent, especially when it comes to dressing themselves. I saw too many children during my days of teaching preschool who were more than capable of putting on and zipping up their coats but refused to do it because mom/dad would just do it for them because it was quicker. So I started teaching Lyla how to zip and unzip. Little did I know that I'd see this when I went it to get her one morning... It was pretty funny!
Speaking of being independent, we're working on teaching Lyla to feed herself. She's fully capable of using her fingers and a fork but things that require a spoon are a little trickier. I started with oatmeal hoping that it would be easier for her since it's thicker. We were successful but she still ended up with it all over her face.
Lyla in her Easter dress...


Oh man, the picture of Lyla in her Easter dress is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! She's a supermodel! Great photo, Amber.
ReplyDelete