Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Making Progress

We are making quite a bit of progress on the landscaping projects. We are almost all done with the biggest part of the projects. The boxes, arbor, fence and grass seed is planted. We've just got a little more regrading and then the project will be complete...for now. :-) In a few weeks we'll get started on building the mini retaining wall/garden border. Hopefully that project will be a little easier and go a little quicker. Here are a few pictures of our progress.

Kyle had such a hard job. He had to pound all these conduit pieces through the boxes to hold them all together and hold them in the ground. I guess it was a good way to get out any frustrations. :-)
See the huge pile of dirt behind me? I moved about half of the pile with the wheelbarrow to fill the boxes. I was pretty proud of all the dirt I moved. It was quite a workout.

We installed the arbor and fence this weekend. I love the way it turned out. It turned out just as we were hoping. Eventually we will landscape in front of the fence but for now it will just be grass.

2 comments: